Friday, January 27, 2006

Damoclash :: Bekijk onderwerp - Review van een Derive in Leuven

An interesting and wide-thinking bunch of stuff on Damoclash :: Bekijk onderwerp - Review van een Derive in Leuven:

"Whatever image the sociologist has, whether [of the] flaneur, [a] dull turnip, intrepid hero or deep thinker, women always have to ask: is this sociological identity a male only one, or is it available to women too? Clearly, women can be turnips; but can we be flaneuses, heroines or deep thinkers?'
I'm still uneasy, and my counter-question would be: do/should I want to be a flaneuse, pursuing the 'access-all-areas agenda' (Hutnyk's term) and distinguishing myself my virtue of ridiculing the underclass (see previous quote: 'the urban lower classes are an object of amusement')? "
More: Damoclash :: Bekijk onderwerp - Review van een Derive in Leuven
.

No comments: