Saturday, May 20, 2006

maria_technosux's Journal


maria_technosux's Journal: "7:12pm: Intellectual guilt and take-no-prisoners
Sometimes I feel a little guilty for bashing avant garde whiteboys. They deserve it, of course, but I'm a softy deep down inside and I feel like I'm picking an easy target. I think it's because they're so damn infantile (intellectually lazy) that makes me feel like I'm picking on the lil'kids.

On the other hand, no one let me off the hook, so why the fuck should I cut them some slack? Buncha self-satisfied soggy whitebread kids, grrr!

Compared to Hutnyk's _Critique of Exotica_ I'm relatively modest. When Hutnyk bashes Kula Shaker's Crispian 'India is the Ibiza of concepts', Mills... 'I don't cut a deal' doesn't quite capture it.

http://www.leftcurve.org/LC22WebPages/souvenirs.html "

Thanks Maria - but scary news stories abound - like the caption from the pic above which says: "The Jeevas have split up.Kula Shaker have reformed. It's like 1996 all over again." - The Jeevas were Mill's failed project of 2003, lets all tremble with anticipation at the return of the nasty shakers... stifled yawn, etc.

.

No comments: