Sunday, June 10, 2007
A post by Sukant on "Sons of Malcolm" alerts us to this reminder that Big Brother is not a television sit-com:
Sunday, 10 June 2007
‘OURAIM Magazine on Hamas & Hizbullah’ made illegal in Britain
Organisation to Understand Radical Arab & Islamist Movements
‘OURAIM Magazine on Hamas & Hizbullah’ now illegal in Britain
By Sukant Chandan
Editor of OURAIM publications
09 June 2007
- Magazine containing articles, extracts of books from academics and intellectuals and leaders of Hamas and Hizbullah closed down and magazines seized by police on Saturday 09 June under Section 44 Terrorism Act 2000 for displaying the Hamas logo on front cover.
- An attack on the democratic freedom to write, print and distribute information
- Reject criminalisation of independent media and journalistic activity
- The OURAIM Magazine on Hamas and Hizbullah has no direct or indirect organisational link to either organisation, and OURAIM does not support any Islamist movement
- An attack on the development mutual-understanding and respect between British and Arab and Muslim people, specifically Palestinians and Lebanese
- OURAIM stresses the necessity for developing dialogue and understanding as opposed to conflict and hostility
Visit OURAIM here.